Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The vine

This beautiful Clematis vine and the Bittersweet vine are rampid with growth this time of year and Ross & I were admiring the architecture of the vines ....When I thought, "My that top vine section is mighty thick." Oh my goodness that's a Black Snake...darn I bet he's gotten those baby wrens in that bird house... darn darn darn...let me look in the bottle bird house.... oooooooooooooh darn...do you see what I see..."




Yea,... A Black Snake in the bird house bottle and a Black Snake on the bird house bottle ... well I guess the mouse population will be in check this season. Note to self: Pay attention when pruning these vines back, getting eggs out of the chicken coop, weeding, cutting the grass, etc. Thank goodness Black Snakes are not poisonous...
The next day I saw my barn cat, "Frederick," carrying a dead Black Snake across the side yard. Nature takes its coarse..."Let it be," and pay attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment