Sunday, March 8, 2009

Intertaining with out electricity

After enjoying the views of the beautiful snow covered forest and fields we loaded the fireplace with wood, then we needed to entertain our brains and distract our brains (AKA - attitude improvement mission) from a lack of electrical power so..... Ross had given me a hand crank sewing machine for Valentines a few years ago and we set it up on the coffee table near the fireplace and began to sew some little rectangles together. Yes I said we.....
We set up a system of me sewing and Ross clipping threads and Pearl supervising. This was my initial plan to distract us from the cold that was slowly but surely going to become hard to bear. Who new we would have a record breaking cold weather without heat in our home? I was determined to take this challenge with the best and most constructive attitude I could in honor of prior generations who had lived life in more primitive conditions than I had ever had.
Conclusion: My ancestors where better prepared than we are and I'm physically not in good enough shape to handle no power for 48 hrs+ when it is 4 degrees outside even with my best intentions.



No comments:

Post a Comment